Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chili Cook-Off

As I told you earlier this week, this past week was full of fundraisers and I helped make cupcakes for the cupcakery  (see that post for my cherry chocolate cupcake recipe) and chili for the chili cook-off!






There were 10 contenders in the cook-off. 

Here's mine! The photo from my phone is blurry, but you get the idea...




Mine wasn't the cook-off winner, but it was sure tasty! It was also lean and had some great ingredients. I love it! The recipe is from Sara B at Sara B Consulting.




Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can chili beans
1 can corn
(Rinse all of the above)
1 can diced tomatoes Italian flavor
1 can Rotell’s
1 jug vegetable juice (pour in a little as you go to get the consistency you like - I used the whole jug)
1 lb browned ground turkey breast
1 lb browned lean ground beef
1 green pepper (saute with meat)
1/2 onion (saute with meat)
Chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin to your taste
 
Directions:
Pour all into big pot, bring to boil, and then simmer for half the day. Enjoy!


There are SO many variations of chili, what are your favorite ingredients or sides with your chili?

My favorite side recently is the beer bread I made so often last fall! Ohmygosh, it's so good! I need to make it soon with another batch of chili.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...