Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Randoms & Brownie Cups

Wowza, it's been a busy few weeks and I've been baking up a storm! 


Here are my latest: Brownie Cups (recipe below). I have so many tasty recipes to post and too little time to post them. First of all, some randoms to catch up on...

Fibro Update
  • I've been feeling more energetic and less "foggy" than usual. It's been great actually! I've had a few people close to me testify that I've been sounding more myself lately which is a great confirmation to have. The last thing I want is to lose myself in this crazy thing. I have another chronic pain appointment in a few weeks for a checkup, one of my meds may change, but we'll see. 
  • I was pretty down one night a few weeks ago about the costs of health insurance and feeling guilty to have inflicted these cost on my family. I was reminded quickly how it can feel for others who have much much worse conditions to deal with and much much more expensive treatments. Ours is a walk in the park in many ways compared to others. I just have an issue with feeling guilty about bringing this upon my family financially, emotionally, and everything else. I'm working on that and working on controlling my reaction to all of it.

We're not on Fire
  • Though I've been able to see some smoke covering the horizon from fires west of Fort Worth on my way to work. I read today that over 1,000 homes in Texas have burned in the past week from all the fires. Much of the damage seems to be around the Austin area...


Cold Front
  • Our tally for 2011 has hit something like 68 days at or above 100 degrees. We're really close to the all time high (I think it was 69 days), but we've got a cold front now and I'm not complaining. Although it'd be nice to make that record since we missed our consecutive 100+ degree record by just two days. It's been in the mid eighties for a high and it feels wonderful! Fall-like compared to the 100+ days we've become so accustomed to.

Power Out
  •  Our power was out for nearly 3 hours last night and we have no idea why. The weather was clear and a very reasonable temp. Anyway, we had to get ready for bed by candlelight and it was actually a bit fun until it got so hot without AC or fans to keep us cool. What a reality check for things to be thankful for!


Trigger Point Massage
  • I got this massage yesterday and it was wonderful! I'm so sore today because she dug into so many knots (but it felt sooo good). It made think I need to get these more often!


Brownie Cups
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Makes 18 cups
These need no introduction, just know they're awesome, husband approved, and so easy!



Ingredients:
1 cup butter
4 ounces semisweet chocolate (to melt)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs 
1 1/2 cups sugar 
1/4 cup honey [or you can add an extra 1/4 cup sugar instead - I like honey!]
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 cup all-purpose flour 
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips  

Directions:
In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. 

In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla, cocoa powder, and chocolate mixture; gradually stir in flour, nuts, and chocolate chips. 

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 [mine took about 22] minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!


Cupcake Brownies Recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...