Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cauliflower & Ham Casserole

This week has really been a great week. I've been feeling really well for most of the week! Many days, I woke up without a headache (what an amazing feeling!:)) and had much lower pain than usual. I'm really feeling like this medicine is helping and the side effects are pretty much gone. I've been able to be much more active cooking meals, running errands, exercising etc. feeling so good. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for me, this week is definitely a PRAISE week!

***************

Update on the family I told you about with both the husband and wife being diagnosed with cancer just 10 days apart: they were on the Today Show last week (thanks Rachel for telling me about it!), watch their interview here and remember to keep their family in your prayers.

***************

 Cauliflower & Ham Casserole

Here's a recipe slightly modified from my Taste of Home The Market Fresh Cookbook. This recipe is a great comfort food. We love this easy recipe!


Ingredients:
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets, cooked and drained (I microwaved them for a few minutes)
2 cups fully cooked ham
10 saltines (or more, depending on preference - not sure how many I threw in)
[I omitted mushrooms and pimientos from this recipe]

Directions:
In a saucepan, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add in milk. Bring to boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, add cheese, stirring until melted. Fold in the cauliflower and ham. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Crumble cracker crumbs with remaining butter and sprinkle over the top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 - 10 minutes longer or until heated through.









This meal is so tasty and hearty!

**************


 Yesterday, we walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k in Fort Worth with 15,000+ other people. It was great to get moving [pun intended] towards a cure for cancer.




I hope you have a great start of your week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...