Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

The snow day continues! After making egg-free cookie dough this morning, I spent the rest of the day dreaming about chocolate chip cookies... so I made them. It may have been slightly rebellious of me, but I gave in since it's a snow day after all :)

The dough was SO chocolate chippy, but I won't complain :)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I mixed in some whole wheat I wanted to use up too)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups chocolate chips (1 1/2 or 1 3/4 might be enough depending on your preference)



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine sugars and butter until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add in flour in 3 increments or so to stir it all in. Also stir in the salt, baking soda and baking powder. When all is mixed, stir in chocolate chips. Form into round dough balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper, my FAV for easy clean up) and bake 10-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Mine took about 12 minutes.


My taste tester and comfy snowed in husband enjoying his day off


I realized today I'm not sure how many times.. maybe.. never (?!) I've made homemade chocolate chip cookies. But this recipe was a keeper and will be made again for sure!


Like I said earlier, LOTS of chocolate chips!


But I won't complain :)


Also check out some new blog renovations (thank you snow day for the time to experiment!).
  • I now have "pages" at toward the top right of the blog - "home", "recipes" (I categorized all of my recipes on that page! I'll post more as I write them) and a brief "about" page.
  • I also made the navigation bar at the verrrry top of the blog "disappearing" so it's not always an eye sore.
  • I changed some fonts/design elements (added a header!) and also added pretty post dividers... I had to change my blog HTML code and get all technical... and I didn't blow it up! Just spend hours figuring it out.. and a few trials, some errors, followed by success (thanks to this post)! Shabby Blogs helped me decorate my blog - they have lots of fun free blog stuff and great tutorials.
Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my snow day and eat the scrumptious stir fry dinner Nick is making - it's the icing on my snow day cake... or cookie... :)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

i like the blog makeover! so cute! your cookies look delish-as always:)
i'm happy you had a snow day, because it gave us time to catch up!
miss you:)

Marissa said...

Thank you! I agree, time to catch up was wonderful. I miss you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...