Monday, January 3, 2011

Cookies & Christmas

We traveled all over the place to see friends and family over Christmas and New Years (about 55 hours of driving.. whew! Luckily I wasn't the driver ;)) We had a wonderful few weeks celebrating the holidays.

Here's a gift I gave to some people this year - I was really excited about it! Pre-measured ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. There are just a few extra liquid ingredients to add and you have EASY home made cookies. I thought about making a few jars for myself for days I want homemade cookies and don't want to mix them up :) Here's the "recipe" I used to make the cookie jars - they're super easy!



Got to see friends we don't get to see very often! Love these girls and wish we lived closer! :)


Got to visit my Grammy who we don't get to see very often. It was great catching up with her.


And got to see Midwest winter weather at it's finest!
White trees


White piles


White sunsets... oh my!!


My parents and Grammy. Notice my dad sporting his new Christmas sweater from his favorite kids :)


We spent some Quality time with Nick's family too


His Grandpa reading about Jesus' birth in Luke chapter 2. We also celebrated his grandma's 80th birthday that day! Those two are such a great and inspiring couple.


Pretty sky among our many car trips


We took a quick trip to STL to see Amber and Zach and I didn't even get a picture of or with them, but I did snap this one on the road! We spent New Years Eve with them and checked out their new pad! It was so great seeing them :) and surprising them with our visit!


A bridge between MO and IL - I've been loving the aesthetics of bridges lately... :)

Happy New Year! Let's make this year great one day at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...