Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A New Appreciation for AAA

We've had AAA for a few years now (Nick and his family have had it much longer). But I've never been as thankful for them as I was today.

Driving home from work tonight, my tire blew! It happened on I-30, a main interstate connecting Fort Worth and Dallas. At rush hour. I had driven about 7 miles or so away from my office when I heard something sounding like an airplane flying over. The sound didn't go away so I assumed it was the big truck next to me (which there are lots of in Texas!;)). I soon realized my car was slowing down and starting to thump and I realized it was my car. Heart pounding at this point, I safely changed lanes, pulled over to the shoulder and called Nick.

What do I do?! He calmly suggested we call AAA - why didn't I think of that?! Probably because my mind wasn't thinking very clearly as cars, trucks and semis were whizzing by. So I did and they arrived in a timely manner - it was amazing to see the flashing light coming in my rear view mirror by the way. It's not so fun sitting on the side of a busy interstate during rush hour!

So the man was very helpful, jacked up my car to remove the tire and here's what he found:

Yep, a nail in my tire. Of course, right? So this little guy...



Caused this HUGE rip in my tire! After seeing the tire I was immediately thankful I was kept safe as that looks pretty darn severe considering I was driving about 60 mph when it blew! So he put on my spare tire - which thankfully is a regular sized tire rather than a donut and he even pulled out into traffic with his caution lights on to allow me to merge in safely. It was such great service and I had tears in my eyes driving away, just thanking God it went as well as it did when it could've been much worse. Thank you, Lord and thank you, AAA.




3 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW!!!! I am sooo glad you are safe and that the AAA man was awesome. Didn't you just want to kiss him?! :) We have thought of getting AAA before and now I'm thinking about it even more. Wow. I know it's a pretty reasonable price so maybe we will... Still need to call you about the trip. I haven't yet and I'll tell you why when I call. How about later this week?

Hannah said...

yeah I am so glad you are safe too!!

Maggie said...

ahh! how scary!! i don't know what i would have done...but it sounds like you remained pretty calm. i'm happy you were safe and nothing worse happened.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...